Friday, May 30, 2008

Why Vote for Fong?

Four candidates are running for the 22nd State Assembly District vacated by Sally Lieber. They are: Paul Fong, Dominic Caserta, Kris Wang and Anna Song. Paul Fong and Kris are Cupertino residents.

To my dismay and surprise, Kris Wang and/or her supporters removed the Paul Fong signs from the lawns of private residences. On top of that they replaced the 2 signs on the lawn of the house of Paul Fong with their own. It looks like they did not know that it was Paul Fong's house. They removed the signs of their opponents in front of 7 Eleven on Bubb and McClellan. So what does that mean? I never thought that Kris Wang used this kind of tactics to try to win at any price. This is not a way to run a campaign. She doesn't deserve to be my representative. I voted for her when she ran for the Cupertino city council. But with this kind of unethical behavior, she does not have my support any more. Her only experience is being mayor of Cupertino in 2007. It was not enough for her to go to Sacramento. She's a newcomer who still needs to learn about politics. Nobody in the Cupertino city council endorses her. Why? Ask them. Ask former Cupertino mayor Sandra James why she endorses Caserta. Ask current Cupertino mayor Dolly Sandoval and former mayor Patrick Kwok why they endorse Fong.

We cannot live like in a farm. If we want Cupertino to be a farm, we could have kept it that way when Cupertino was just full of orchards. We live in a dynamic world with progress and growth. We need a balanced growth. If you read my previous blogs, you all know my positions. Now we have to choose between two major candidates: Fong and Caserta. Fong is resident of Cupertino. He'll serve our interests better than Caserta. He's pro-environment endorsed by the Sierra Club. He's a Trustee of the Foothill De Anza College District. He will serve our 22nd District well.

Vote for the best candidate who represents us better in Sacramento.

Post a Comment

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a volunteer for Kris' campaign who has helped put up signs for her across the city, I personally asked for 7-Eleven's permission on Bubb Road/McClellan.

The owner said he did not receive permission from either Caserta or Fong, and appreciated that we ASKED prior to putting anything in. In regards to the signs taken down? I believe the owner took them down because of this reason.

Kris has carefully explained to each of us the rules in putting in signs and as a result we have put in signs only where we have received permission (private properties). I know Paul and Dominic's supporters have neglected this aspect as I have seen their signs in a number of public areas.

Please read the facts before choosing a candidate. For example, Paul is NOT a resident of Cupertino. He lives in Sunnyvale. And remember how he lied to us regarding the Bubb Road Project? I do not want a candidate who lies. My personal opinion is Kris Wang has done an excellent job so far for us in Cupertino. Her experience spreads across multiple boards, committees, and business.

Kris should be Cupertino's choice in this election.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Hann said...

I had a sign of Paul Fong on my lawn. He lives not far from me in Cupertino. He got 2 signs on his lawns. Anyway I put the sign myself on my own lawn. On 5/28 between 6AM and 9AM, somebody took it away from my lawn. So who did it? because I didn't do it. Anyway I got another sign. I'd like to see if it disappeared again. This is what my son said: "We should put a battery equipped wire on the sign" to zap the person who stole it. As you can see this is a very bad civic education for a kid. Paul Fong's daughter said that the 2 signs in front of her house got replaced with those of Kris Wang.

5:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm happy to hear that you are abiding by campaign rules. I respect this. But I believe Paul Fong is a better canidate because he has the major backing from major people. He's been an activist for a long time, and he strives to make a change in our community.

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hann,

I am sorry you have lost your signs. In fact, we have mysteriously lost many of our signs as well over the weeks. It certainly is not us taking out anyone's signs. I don't wake up that early. ;)

I still believe Kris is the better candidate. She has better qualifications and seems to connect with people better than Paul. I also feel much more comfortable with Kris actually listening to my opinions and caring for what I say.

I agree Paul has powerful friends, but that hardly translates into being a better representative. I have been a resident of Cupertino for over 20 years and Paul has not done anything for us. I know he has lied to us as a mercenary for developers. And I know he has lied to us in the form of his residency to allow his daughter into our schools. The house is actually owned by his parents. He has claimed being a resident in Sunnyvale to residents there as he is doing the same in Cupertino. I have heard him speak and spoke with him in person. While he seems like a likeable guy, there might as well be butterflies flying around in his head because he often does not know what he is talking about! His ideas also seem straight out of the Democratic Party website.

While Kris has not received as much attention, she is down to earth, intelligent, and more importantly, a Cupertinian!

Voters should vote for the BEST candidate and not what you get spoon-fed.

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home